ACV Day 3

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Nikki Massie
      Keymaster

Heh. I must be part southern because as a little one I used to LOVE greens with apple cider vinegar. These days I just like them cooked with smoked meat but every once in a while…

I’ve just been taking a tablespoon and swigging it. But then I don’t mind the taste at all. I was thinking it’d actually be good with some sparkling water (I imagine it’d sorta taste like kombucha which, if you think about it, is basically vinegar that has been naturally carbonated lol).

For variety’s sake I may try to come up with a “cocktail.”

So far the only physical thing I notice is that my stomach is like “what the hell???” for about a half hour after consumption. That works itself out and I don’t mind it so much because it lessens the probability that I’ll veer from my plan to do breakfast at work as my protein shake lol.

Other than that, no discernible effects or benefits yet for me. How about for others?

Denise Lucas
      Participant

I actually have some sparkling water here that I was at a loss for what to do with, so I think I’ll try that idea Nik. Did my lemonade vinegar today. Better ice cold. I truly do not taste the vinegar at all, but like you Nik, I don’t mind it.

Will be interesting to see if any of us notice any changes with drinking it.

By the way, how much are y’all drinking? I have heard people get up to drinking it 3 times a day before each meal. Hmmm…not sure I’m quite there yet.

Nikki Massie
      Keymaster

I’m doing a tablespoon. I think I wrote in Daily Accountability (I think) that I want to find out if how I’m doing it is safe with a RNY pouch. I imagine vinegar itself is not bad BUT usually we don’t take vinegar all at once, a tablespoonful at a time, and usually it is diluted with something (other liquids, mayo, oil, etc.) so I just want to make sure I’m not gonna burn a hole in my stomach lol.

So for me I’m going to stick with one tablespoon. I’ll report back after I ask my dietician about safety.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Apple cider strawberry lemonade

Ok so here is my concoction.

1 tbsp ACV

1 tbsp lemon juice

1 or 2 strawberries

1 squirt liquid stevia

A few ice cubes and top off with water

I really like how this taste. Very refreshing. I think I will try it with maybe a drop or 2 of peppermint essential oil tomorrow to add a bit of freshness. I cannot wait to see what this does for me after 1 month of taking it daily!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.