Journaling Challenge – Day 8

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Denise Lucas
      Participant

I’m done for today and this one was short and sweet. Is there a thought about how long these responses should be? I was thinking pretty much however much comes out of your brain onto the paper, but if I’m not writing enough and need to dig more, I can certainly try that too.

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

How long/short your journal entries are is up to you! The prompts are just meant to get you thinking about a particular subject but I think there will be some prompts that will elicit longer responses, and some shorter responses. I would recommend, though, that you leave some blank space after ones that are super-short just in case you have a revelation about it two prompts from now (that tends to happen to me a lot in general).

Robin Miller
      Participant

I’m done.

Beth
      Participant

Done day 8 … Interesting topic

Mary Grisaffi
      Participant

I am done for the 8th.  My entry was short also and to the point.  I believe whatever flows out is what there is.

Susan Sheipe
      Participant

Done for today

Maria A
      Participant

Not sure I’ll have time to do today’s prompt. Will need to catch up tomorrow with 3 days worth. I WILL make the time to do this.

@thinkhealthy

Maria A
      Participant

Ok, I didn’t complete as scheduled, but I have completed today!!

One thought that occurred to me while writing in my journal on this is when I was a young child (1960’s) feelings were not to be expressed. Children were “to be seen not heard” and if you expressed any feelings you were hushed immediately and told that your feelings were nonsense and to just smile. So at an early age you begin to think that your feelings aren’t important and end up not knowing how to deal with them.

Just my 2 cents worth and I am done with my “Dr. Phil” observations.

@thinkhealthy

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

But I like your Dr. Phil moments!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.