June 2017: Sign up for the "Simple Daily Habits" Challenge!

Home Welcome to the Foodie Forums! Monthly Challenges June 2017: The Simple Healthy Habits Challenge June 2017: Sign up for the "Simple Daily Habits" Challenge!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Maria A
      Participant

@nikki-massie, question, will exercise be on the healthy habits list? Reason being I am having knee replacement surgery next Thursday (May 25) and I don’t know if that is a habit I would able to accomplish (unless my PT exercises count).

@thinkhealthy

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

Hey there! Activity is likely to show up. But activity doesn’t have to mean vigorous exercise and it can be done at your own pace. I was thinking there’d be an amount of time per day (probably 30 minutes), which could be broken up however you want to do it.

But in general I’m almost never going to prescribe folks certain kinds of activities as that’s dangerous for me to do (since I’m not a trainer)! But we will likely have an activity habit in there – and yes your PT absolutely counts!

That’s also another reason why the prize is associated with accountability and not 100% completion of tasks. Sometimes life gets in the way, but being accountable anyway – by coming to the forums and saying that – is important.

I hope that answered your question. If not, ask me again!

Nik

P.S. I was actually going to poll you guys to see what habits are the most challenging for you. So you can be the very first person to answer that if you don’t mind. 🙂

KathyP
      Participant

Sounds Great!

@kperevosnik

Susan Sheipe
      Participant

Ok, signed up

Maria A
      Participant

All signed up!!

@thinkhealthy

Robin Miller
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I’m assuming that you got my sign-up for this. I acknowledged signing up on the forum page.</p>

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

I haven’t looked at sign ups but if you filled out the form you are signed up! I won’t be sending anything until June 1.

KathyP
      Participant

So the week starts today, on a Thursday?

@kperevosnik

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

It starts today. I just sent out an email!

The challenge is going by the days in June, not the days of the week, which is ok. All a week really is is 7 consecutive days, right?

🙂

But I do understand that sort of makes it wonky with remembering stuff, which is why you’ll get daily email reminders with the habit we are working and a link to report back.

JanelleS
      Participant

The water challenge has been gray for me. I have always struggled with getting enough water on a daily basis. Yesterday and today are hard. It is not that warm o  my neck of the woods so I don’t feel the urge to drink like I do when it is hot. Thursday, Friday, Saturday no problem. Sunday only made about 50 ounces, today I am at 50. I am working hard to get the full amount in today. I will try and check in tonight before bed to tell you how it went.

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

Hey there…I totally get it!

Do your best! Accountability is what counts the most.

JanelleS
      Participant

Made it….the struggle was real! I can’t believe how full I felt for most of the day. Good night everyone.

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

Hey Janelle! Congrats! Make sure you’re reporting back in the daily challenge threads though so you can get credit for doing it! Here’s the one for today.

(The link directly to the day’s challenge thread is in the daily email. If you aren’t signed up to get a reminder email, if you follow the instructions up at the top, you should get on the list!)

Blanche J
      Participant

I am doing horribly with the challenge!  The only one I seem able to keep up with is the liquids.  But, I’m still here, just quiet and trying to get myself back on track and keep up with my munchkins, family and online transcription work which is so much harder than I thought it would be!!!

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

Glad to see you!

Since you know I’m all about accountability, I’m going to challenge you to be accountable!

What have been your hurdles in doing the habits in this challenge?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.