Simple Daily Habits – Day 14

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      KathyP
      Participant

Well, I am still rocking the week 2 habit, and not doing so well on the week 1. Today I’ve gotten 24 oz in so far, though.

@kperevosnik

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

That’s a great start! Now go fill up your bottle again. 🙂

(Btw, I’m only at 20 so you have me beat. Heading to the water cooler right now…)

Robin Miller
      Participant

I’m running behind on my water today, but I’ll catch up. My food free hour before bed isn’t working out so well. The last two nights I’ve woken up with a severely growling pouch in the middle of the night. Last night I ended up having to get up and eat a snack. Not good as my ability to make wise choices  goes out the window and I tend to grab whatever is quick and easy. Plus, I end up not sleeping well the rest of the night.

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

I’m glad you are recognizing what you need to do for yourself! No challenge is worth going through tummy drama!

So when you report back from now on, why don’t you just point out that that particular habit doesn’t work for you so you can still be accountable (and also that lets others know to be on the lookout for if it doesn’t work for them too.)

Sarahlareina
      Participant

(hmmmph – I still don’t believe your doctor!)

@sarahlareina

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

I mean it coulda been a fluke. But I didn’t go as much as I had been!

kmbella363
      Participant

I think my new name should be the day late Karen!! Do you give more mature ( read that older!!) Foodies a pardon if they cant stay awake long enough to report back in 🙂 Not doing bad with the water especially since ut has been hot here.. the wind down 1 hour before bed not perfect but not bad….except for the checking in lol….tonight another try!!

Karen B

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

You can report the next day. It’s fine, really! 🙂

Beth
      Participant

Well … Only 60 oz today … Not great but will do better tomorrow. Stopped eating about 2 hours ago

Robin Miller
      Participant

Finishing at 86 ounces for the day. I will be having my snack much closer to bedtime tonight to see if this stops me from waking up in the middle of the night with a growling pouch. I’ll keep y’all posted on how it goes tonight.

Sarahlareina
      Participant

68 oz today. And no food before bed. Almost check. And check.

@sarahlareina

Susan Sheipe
      Participant

Last food 11:50. Drank 55 ounces today. Will do better tomorrow

KathyP
      Participant

I didn’t drink often enough after my early check in yesterday. I got to about 32 without caffeine and 64 total (hence, my problem hitting 72. the devil caffeine).

I stopped eating. I should have stopped sooner. I “fixed” it by staying up later than I should have. One bad habit swapped for another. Duh.

@kperevosnik

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

I’ll tell you what I do in regards to coffee/caffeine. Take it or leave it, your choice.

When I find my consumption is imbalanced OR my consumption of caffeinated beverages is getting in the way of my water consumption, I put a price on my coffee. (I may have shared this before.) I “pay” for my coffee with water. So maybe one cup of coffee costs 16.9 oz. water. (That’s where I started out.) The trick is not to buy coffee on “credit.” Pay for it up-front. Drink your water first. Do coffee second.

The caveat is that when you are better hydrated that may actually affect your craving for coffee – which could be good or bad, depending on how you look at it.

Maria A
      Participant

A day late, but yesterday was not a day I had the energy to put into myself. Probably had only 20 oz. of water, decaf coffee. No food 1 hour before bed.

@thinkhealthy

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.