Simple Daily Habits – Day 16

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      KathyP
      Participant

I discovered unplugging is difficult to think of for me. The concept hurts my brain. It was a challenge to make it from work to home (via car that I’m driving) without looking at my phone. I am addicted to my tech! I think my total time in a row yesterday was about half hour, when I was at home reading before I fell asleep.

Water consumption still sucks.

No eating before bed I’m still rocking.

Thanks for the challenges.

@kperevosnik

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

Congrats on the no eating before bed!

Yeah I gave up tech for Lent the year before last with the intention of stopping my bad habit of distracted driving. (My daughters are learning how to drive and I REALLY do not want to think about them following my lead!) It’s tough. I listen to NPR though. That usually keeps me sufficiently engaged (or enraged, depending on the day).

Sarahlareina
      Participant

I typically go device free for at least 30 min as I get ready for bed, except for music on Pandora which I’m not counting because I could just as easily use an actual radio!  Last night I tried to go longer but I got bored and just decided to go to sleep 🙂

@sarahlareina

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

Iiiiiinteresting…

I find the unplug challenge (I’ve led a whole month of unplug for an hour a day type challenges) tend to teach you where technology fits into your life. For most people, it’s ok and fine and nothing to worry about. And then there are some of us (like me) who probably needed an intervention!

Sarahlareina
        Participant

I’d like to think that it depends on whether I’m using tech for my purposes or if I’m a slave to it.  For example, I like to read – sometimes it’s easier to get the book electronically, but I don’t feel like I’m a slave to my device if I’m reading a book.  But yeah, I also use it sometimes to cure boredom as I have a hard time just being chill.

@sarahlareina

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

Exactly! It’s all in how you use it.

And some folks (and it sounds like you’re one of them) use technology appropriately.

I can’t say the same all the time but I’m certainly working on it!

KathyP
      Participant

I like to read on my e-reader app. But i’m also a slave sometimes. I did a good job today without texting at lunch – until I remembered my poor niece thought i was ignoring her and sent her a text. but I thought of the challenge before i blew it. i’ll work on the challenge again later – i like to read before bed.

@kperevosnik

Robin Miller
      Participant

80 ounces of liquids in. I’m sleeping at night now that my snack is closer to the time I go to bed. I was unplugged from technology for most of the day today.

Susan Sheipe
      Participant

Went almost 2 hrs unplugged, last food an hour ago, only got 45 ounces so far. Going to bed early tonight: my ex booked a day bus trip to Cape May tomorrow, and I have to get up at 4:45 am. Not feeling great, but don’t want to cancel on him, so will do what I can. Will be nice to get away.  Will definitely be unplugged for most of tomorrow?

Maria A
      Participant

For the most part I have been unplugged most of the day. It was only an hour ago that I actually looked at my emails and the FNC. I only had a couple text messages, so I really wasn’t looking at my phone much. Water, well this is one challenge that I will be working on FOREVER! I just don’t have the motivation for water as I would for other things. Today was chilly, gloomy and rainy so I couldn’t even think about drinking anything cold. I probably had about 16 oz. I had water in my morning shake, plus alternated between regular and decaf coffee today. Had a protein bar about 9:30 which is the last I will eat today. Planning to go to bed around 11.

@thinkhealthy

Sarahlareina
      Participant

I hit 72 oz today – WOOT!!!  No food before bed and made it about 40 min without checking my phone while I was babysitting.

@sarahlareina

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

YAYYYYY!

Kudos on what you achieved today!

Nikki Massie
      Keymaster

I have totally regressed with the bathroom. I went like three times throughout the night!

But I think that’s my body expelling excess water. My scale is broken or else I’d confirm that (when your body expels excess water, you see a loss on the scale as a result.)

Beth
      Participant

Yesterday was good for me … 74oz … Busy spring cleaning  so off tech for most of the day

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.