Simple Daily Habits – Day 19

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      KathyP
      Participant

I’m thinking more about the water, which is good.

I’m unplugging, which is good. I’m conscious about when I eat at night, which is good.

I’m also thinking about the plan for the next habit – which is good, because it will take effort on my part.

To elaborate on the issue, here is my normal work week meal “plan”

a) Quest bar for breakfast in the car. I’ve tried shakes, but I need to chew. I’ve done hard boiled eggs when I get to work, but I’m currently off of them.

b) lunch is usually a salad. I buy the premade ones at the grocery store. I’m a grab and go kind of woman.

c) my snacks are no longer more Quest bars! major improvement. I usually do yogurt in the morning and then one of those cheese/nut combo things with dried fruit from Sargento for the other snack. Or a P3. (see, purchased, but not totally unplanned.

d) dinner. that’s where I need help. I used to have frozen portioned meals (lunch used to be that way too). but the eat-in lunch crowd at work isn’t my cup of tea (and stresses me out) and I HAVE to get out of my office. So, I’ve fallen out of the habit.

I’m thinking I still know how to make my played-with-my-food chili recipe, and I could whip that up and have food for the 7 days of the challenge for dinner. I’m not sure I am willing to concede on the lunches though. Planned, but pre-made, salads are a good option for me. I suppose the challenge is to get me out of my comfort zone, and I should do that. But, it’s Monday, and this is enough thinking for now. I’ll make a date with myself to hit the grocery store before Thursday starts and then be able to do something that’s a challenge for me, even if it’s not the full challenge. (as opposed to wussing out completely and giving up before the last week).

There, I admitted it. I don’t cook. I don’t like to, I never did. I did the Dream Dinners thing for a while, but when I moved to MA, the lunch crowd thing made it easy to surrender that. And there isn’t one close to my house, so it became about excuses. Sigh.

Off to fill my 20 oz Rubbermaid water bottle.

@kperevosnik

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

@kathy-p pre-made salads are fine! Remember I said you don’t have to make stuff from scratch.

The point is to get you into planning mode. Quest bars are ok if you’ve ordered them and planned for them. Pre-made salads are ok, as long as you’ve accounted for them.

I don’t eat all food that I personally cook from scratch. But I do plan out what I eat to make sure at the end of the day my macros (calories, fat, protein, carbs) are where they need to be. But that’s a lot harder when you are eating in restaurants!

So I think you’re going to be ok. 🙂

KathyP
      Participant

OK, I was afraid you wanted us to make and portion things at home. That was going to be a GIANT challenge. Actually planning the meals and following up on the plan is a challenge, but one I feel more capable of doing. Phew.

@kperevosnik

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

Admittedly, the way I worded it may have been confusing…lol.

But yeah I’m more concerned with you originating your food at home (so buy it, bring it home, figure out how it all goes together in your day). And pulling back from foods you purchase “on the go.”

So I should probably reword that one. Working on it!

Nikki Massie
      Keymaster

Let the record show that Nikki got ALL her water in before 2:30 p.m.! (And I’m not done drinking today obviously)

I am using a super cool gadget that’s been motivating me. I think I’ll do a quick video to show it to you guys later today. Stay tuned!

Sarahlareina
        Participant

Wow, that’s impressive!

@sarahlareina

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

I know right? I did the math four times!

Robin Miller
      Participant

I’m finishing up ounces 61-80 at the moment. I’m quite sure I will be having more throughout the rest of the day as it’s just 3:20 here.

I’ve been unplugged for several hours already today.

My eating was all out of whack yesterday with the birthday party. Dinner was early and I didn’t eat much. Actually, I didn’t eat much at all yesterday. Which ended up with my being hungry mid evening and having a snack. So I wasn’t hungry for the bedtime snack. And I ended up waking up with a growling pouch early, early this morning. And I couldn’t get back to sleep. So I’ve had about three and a half hours of sleep after yesterday’s 18 hour marathon. Next year, someone else can host the birthday party. Or I guess I should say parties as the younger grandson’s first birthday is in April. Why do people have birthday parties for children who are too young to even understand the concept of a birthday?

Beth
      Participant

Challenge of being away for a few days … Went to the gym before we left (not this challenge but still A challenge) … Fluids around 68oz (not bad since we were in the car for 2hours) no snacking prior to bed … U plugged for hours today. Home on wed and heading to grocery store to get back to meal prep.

Sarahlareina
      Participant

About 50 ounces again today. Stopped eating at 7:15 and an hour device free.

@sarahlareina

Susan Sheipe
      Participant

59 ounces today, unplugged over an hour (enjoyed sitting on porch, listening to birds), ate 1 1/2 hours ago.

Maria A
      Participant

Water, about 20 oz. Unplugged for 1 hour or more at various times during the day. No food at least 1 hour before bed.

@thinkhealthy

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.