Simple Daily Habits – Day 21

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      kmbella363
      Participant

I feel I have been doing om….just want to stay awake and check in on time! Winding down has been good I appreciate the thought you put into all you do!!

Karen B

Maria A
      Participant

I definitely did not improve my water intake ?. For some reason I can’t get my brain to sync with knowing what I need to do and actually doing it. Not sure, but maybe unconsciously I am thinking since I’m not a big fan of water and this requires too much effort that I am shutting it out of my mind so I don’t have to deal with it. It seems like any tricks, motivational prompts, etc. aren’t working. I think I’ll order an ulla as a last ditch effort. Since the other challenges I normally do anyway, they weren’t as hard (although the no food 1 hour before bed seemed to make me want to do it even though I usually don’t). The last challenge I more than likely will have to put a little more work into. I do know we have plans for Saturday to go out to dinner with my husband’s business partner and his wife. Since I know where we are going I will look up the menu online and decided ahead of time what I will order.

@thinkhealthy

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

Are you just trying to drink plain water or do you flavor it? Also do you have a smart phone? Before you try something like Ulla, you might try an app like Plant Nanny.

Maria A
        Participant

Yes, I usually drink plain water. Water enhancers usually are too sweet for me to drink a lot of. I’ve tried lemon, sometimes the citrus will bother my tummy. Tried bribing myself (at your suggestion) in the morning to drink 16 oz. before having coffee (reward). Tried plant nanny and various other apps on my smartphone, but after a while I start ignoring the reminders. Of course, I could end up doing the same thing with the ulla. Unless I am super warm, I don’t even think about drinking water. There are so many things that I have changed in my life to make me as healthy as possible and that I am able to stick to or at least bring myself back if I find I am regressing, but water doesn’t seem to be one that I am able to.

@thinkhealthy

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

Well I give you an A for effort!

Yeah see I don’t want you to spend money if you think that you are likely ignore the thing. But it is important to get enough water! (Dehydration = not fun.) So let’s keep thinking together about ways to improve your water intake.

Rome wasn’t built in a day!

Maria A
        Participant

Thanks!

@thinkhealthy

KathyP
      Participant

well, I failed to spell Ulla right, lol.  I think even attempting this challenge has been good for me. helped me focus on some things, even if I didn’t 100% achieve them. I like it.

@kperevosnik

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

I’m really glad you’re here. I haven’t said that in a while. 🙂

Robin Miller
      Participant

I definitely think this challenge has helped. My weekly goals before this challenge were to get my liquids in everyday. I was struggling with that. Now I’m hitting my liquids goal consistently.

As for the no eating 60 minutes before bed, I’ve learned that I have to have it no farther out than 30 minutes or I’ll be awake in the middle of the night looking for anything to eat!

The unplugging, I was already doing. However, I’m more aware of making the effort to do it instead of it just being happenstance.

I’m looking forward to the next challenge. Mainly so that I can become more consistent with my meals and quit being so dependent on shakes and protein bars during the day.

BTW, I’m at 72 out of 80 ounces so far.

Sarahlareina
      Participant

It has helped, for sure.  But to be real, I’m counting the days until through is over because I am not enjoying this water thing!  Maybe in the next 9 days ill learn to like it. Either way, more water has become habitual.

@sarahlareina

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

Again, me doing my job!

Do you think that drinking the recommended amount of water is not a habit you’d like to work toward, or was it that you felt like it was too much too soon?

(NOTE: I don’t have an opinion either way but that question popped into my mind as I read your response. So that is to say don’t take that as any kind of suggestive questioning lol.)

Sarahlareina
        Participant

Hmmmm…too much too soon. And maybe I don’t really believe the recommendation. I mean, you can find professionals that disagree on everything and I don’t typically subscribe to a one size fits all approach. That said, I do follow most of my surgeon’s recommendations.

@sarahlareina

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

Fair enough! The recommendations for water are just that. Recommendations! But I think my personal goal in this challenge was not so much about the goal itself but to always be mindful of water intake. I certainly was not very mindful about it so I think doing this challenge just helps me remember water intake is a part of a healthy lifestyle and that if I am to build it into mine I gotta be a bit more forward thinking!

Unless I plan to make a habit routine I just don’t do it. I think that’s my biggest personal takeaway.

Sarahlareina
      Participant

All 3 goals met today!

@sarahlareina

Susan Sheipe
      Participant

It has definitely helped me.  I used to average 30 to 40 ounces a day, and 50 was a lot.  Now I consistently get over 50, and often in the 60s.  Today, I had 69 ounces.

I’m unplugging each day, and yesterday I decided to check out a park, and went for a drive, instead of sitting home playing on my iPad.

I ate over half an hour ago, but find I’ll stay up later to reach my goal instead of stopping an hour early, so that isn’t always the best idea.  I don’t think I’ll continue that one after the challenge is over.

I plan on continuing, and increasing, the fluids and unplugging in the future.

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

Sort of in the same vein as what I asked Sarah above, do you think this is a habit you won’t continue because you don’t NEED to continue it OR is it a habit you won’t continue because you find it difficult and/or unenjoyable? (And, fair warning, it could be either or both and that’s ok!)

Susan Sheipe
        Participant

A little of both. When I’m “watching” what I eat, I leave some calories for snacking before bed. I tend to sleep better when I eat a little something before bed.  Plus, sometimes I grab something without thinking about the one hour rule, and then I remember, and stay up later to meet the challenge.

Beth
      Participant

Yesterday ended at 72oz exactly, other goals met, grocery shopping done, planning and food prep in the works

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

Yay! So proud of you for the 72 oz!

Maria A
      Participant

Probably had about 30 oz. of water. Was unplugged for more than hour several times. No food 1 hour before bed.

@thinkhealthy

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.