Simple Daily Habits – Day 27

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Robin Miller
      Participant

Working on getting my fluids in. Have been unplugged all day until now.

Had a shake for breakfast. I had a realization about why I always tend to go for shakes in the AM. I have never been a breakfast eater. Even as a child, it was a constant battle with my mom. Breakfast made my stomach hurt. So then Carnation came out with “Instant Breakfast” and changed life for both of us. I still rarely eat breakfast, but I will have a shake.

Lunch will be a sandwich (either deli meat and cheese or chicken salad) and fruit.

Dinner will be eggroll in a bowl

Sarahlareina
      Participant

Unplugged and hit 72 oz. of water.  Prepped my meals as planned, and will stop eating by 7:30.

The water hasn’t had that impact for me, Nikki, but I would go with it for sure!

@sarahlareina

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

Im not 100% sure it’s the water. I call this phenomenon “feast and famine.” Sometimes I can eat a lot (feast) and sometimes not much at all (famine). I’ve been eating intuitively for about four years now (meaning if I can eat a lot, and I’m hungry, I go with it but try for highly nutritious food, and when I can’t eat much I don’t.)

This time is weird though because I’d been in the middle (not eating a lot or a little) a long time!

Susan Sheipe
      Participant

Unplugged, drank 65 ounces, ate about 45 minutes ago.  Didn’t cook anything today, but ate at home.  Feeling very shaky today, hopefully tomorrow will be better, and I’ll cook a meal.

KathyP
      Participant

again, yesterday was a repeat of Monday, and my goal is to survive. I’m currently super tired, and know I need to take care of me. I’m done with half (one spreadsheet of two) of the MAJOR project due tomorrow. And I am definitely leaving work at a more human hour today. Even if it’s still more like 5:30  instead of 5, it sure won’t be 8 pm again!! I am demanding time for me.

Someone posted on their facebook wall that when lazy employees do their laziness, no one notices, but when the super effective ones slack off, everyone comments. And a friend commented yesterday that the more I give the more they’ll take. AND, we’ve been told our bonus this year is based on project x. And I can’t control the outcome of project x, and it isn’t going well and looks impossible. So why am I killing myself on all the other projects? For a pat on the back and more work?

I’m going to endeavor to listen to my body, drink the water, eat healthy (brought my snacks!), and take care of me.

@kperevosnik

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

Do you see me over here in this cheerleader outfit?

I AM SO HERE FOR THIS!

Go, Kathy, go!

Beth
      Participant

Ended yesterday with 70oz, unplugged, ate according to plan. Phone conference with nutritionist sent well. Said 1500 calories is what is recommended but with my activity level, 1600-1800 is fine. She said vitamins are good and that they don’t give macro percentages, but go have a balanced diet with veggies and fruit and even whole grains 1 oz at a time (whole wheat pasta, brown rice). I have been using protein supplements a lot and wanted her take on them. She agreed that they are good sometimes but “real food” is best so that is my next goal … Work on finding foods to snack on rather than protein bars so much.

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

Woot woot! Good session with the nutritionist.

So let’s get started with the snack brainstorm. Tell me what you absolutely HATE. We can go from there. 😉

Beth
        Participant

Thanks!   I don’t do spicy foods or cooked veggies … otherwise I am pretty open.  Oh, and I hate cottage cheese and jello (too many diets in my past).  Researching snack ideas now 🙂

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

True fact: I have a mind thing about Jell-O! (shiver)

Ok so:

• string cheese (usually 80 cals/8g protein per stick)
        • edamame
        • Ostrim Jerky (think Slim Jim but with mega-protein. They are sold at GNC.)
        • Moon Cheese (for when you get the crunchy munchies – look them up on Amazon. They are sold at Starbucks – which means they can be pricey – but soooooo good)
        • Hard boiled eggs
        • Turkey pepperoni (I especially love to nuke them until they get a little crispy
        • Protein balls (which may be cheating but…yeah) FYI: Eggface has a bunch more of these.
      Maria A
      Participant

Probably about 35 oz. of water today. Unplugged most of day. All good eaten was from what I had at home. I may have gone to bed about 50 minutes after I had eaten.

@thinkhealthy

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.