Simple Daily Habits Day 30

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Sarahlareina
      Participant

I got 66 oz. of water in yesterday, didn’t eat before bed, and meals prepped at home. I only unplugged for about 30 minutes.

Today I’m getting my annual labs done and can only have plain water (blech), so drinking is going to be a challenge!

@sarahlareina

KathyP
      Participant

Water was about my average, and not yet at 72. I think I was about 55 again. I didn’t eat before bed. My snacks were half what I brought and half unintended grazing on food brought in to work for meetings. I definitely didn’t eat before bed.

I fell asleep on the couch, and REALLY needed unplugging. Here’s my funny story:  I woke up on the couch (laid down) and it was only 10:30, so I was checking my phone. I THOUGHT I was checking my ipad. I must have still been half sleeping, because I dropped my phone. In my mind, though, my ipad had VANISHED OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH. I literally looked all around, saw my phone, moved it, looked on the floor, looked around again, and then used the Find my iPhone app to see where the iPad was. By this time, I woke up enough to realize it was up in my bedroom, where I needed to be. I’m torn between realizing this is hilarious to anyone who isn’t me, and being afraid I’ve lost my marbles. I’m leaning towards laughing, though.

I had a talk with my therapist last night, and she wasn’t as supportive of my recent accountability as I had hoped. She had been on me back in April/May to be at the gym every day. Going last week 1 time was HUGE for me, and she didn’t recognize it as progress, really. I haven’t made it yet this week, but had said I would in the support call, so I have tonight, and this weekend to hit it twice (here’s hoping the plan works).

I just want to say, these Challenges are good for me. I may not be checking in saying “I did it!”, and I may not be fully dedicating myself to doing the ones that I don’t really like (ahem, water), but the thoughts of them are at least at the front of my mind. And the awareness, and knowing that there’s this whole group of people I’m a part of who is actually doing this stuff and making it work longer term (like, not fresh post-op) is really helping me find myself again. I’m looking forward to next month. (I think… @nikki-massie, what do you have in store for us?)

@kperevosnik

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

You’ll find out tomorrow!

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

Oh also @kathy-p…I CHALLENGE YOU! (Gulp)

This is just an observation, but there are a few fixed things in your life that seem to be thing where you have limited control over how things go. Then there are other things you DO have control over, but by the time you finish dealing with the things you don’t, you’re kinda done. Am I right?

So this week I’m challenging you to submit a weekly action plan. Doesn’t have to be complicated. But the trick to a weekly action plan is to first consider the things you have to do and then work around that to the extent possible.

I think that there are several challenges you expressed in this post that could be helped by making a plan ahead of time. And also that way I’ll be able to check in with you mid-week to see how things are going!

Will you do it?

KathyP
        Participant

I’m not sure I want to take your challenge. Let me get some rest and think about it. I’ll now spend the car ride home thinking about it, and thinking about it. So I’m not going to agree and do it half-heartedly.

@kperevosnik

Sarahlareina
        Participant

That’s pretty hilarious!  And I wouldn’t worry one bit about it.  Kudos to you for recognizing progress even if the therapist didn’t quite get it.

@sarahlareina

Robin Miller
      Participant

I’m at 76 ounces so far, was unplugged all afternoon until now. My snack will be at bedtime and all meals this week have been fixed and eaten at home until lunch today. My daughter and I ate at Gengis Grill where I was able to pick all my ingredients, how much of each one I wanted. Is always strikes me as a little pricey, but considering I get three meals out of it, it’s really not too bad! 

Sarahlareina
      Participant

Today the water was tough…I’ve found it easiest to get in 60+ oz. if I drink a couple of glasses before breakfast.  Since I couldn’t drink my normal stuff before I went to the lab, the whole day was off.  The interesting thing was that it felt OFF and not normal!

I stopped eating at 7:30, unplugged for over an hour, and ate the meals I prepped.

@sarahlareina

Susan Sheipe
      Participant

Last day, yay!  Had 55 ounces, unplugged sporadically, ate over an hour ago, mostly ate junk today, but it was all at home.

Beth
      Participant

<hr />

Ended yesterday at 74oz, unplugged for a few hours, ate per plan but had a late snack after getting home late.

Maria A
      Participant

About 30 oz. of water. Unplugged most of day. I needed to go to the grocery for last minute items for party tomorrow and I did buy some sliced smoked turkey breast (deli) for lunch. Had Panera turkey sandwich for dinner (part of my plan). Unfortunately, I did have some ice cream right before bed.

@thinkhealthy

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.