Simple Daily Habits – Day 8 (new habit!)

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Sarahlareina
      Participant

This one will be much easier for me!  My routine is a little tv, shower, brush teeth, then some sudoku and Pandora in bed.

@sarahlareina

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

Awesome routine!

Does that mean you’ll continue to focus most of your efforts on the water?

Sarahlareina
        Participant

Yep!  I’ll do both but water will still be the harder one.  I’m at 36 oz. so far.  It’s 9 am here and I’ve already gone to the bathroom 6 times  🙁

@sarahlareina

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

The bathroom visits haven’t calmed down for me either. I had a doctor’s appointment yesterday and my doc said that my system should calm down once I’ve been consistent another week or so. I was like, “a week???”

Robin Miller
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Wow! No eating 60 minutes before bed. That going to be hard for me! I actually have a snack before bed that was scheduled in by the surgeon as I was waking up with a growling stomach in the middle of the night every night. It will be interesting to see how this goes.</p>
      <p style=”text-align: left;”>48 ounces in. I may regret every one of them on my drive to support group! Which starts at noon and I’m late leaving for! I’ll report in again later!
      <!–more–></p>

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

I think your snacks are usually pretty healthy, but still…I think there’s merit in this one even just to see how disrupting our usual habits plays out!

Good luck with support group. 🙂

Sarahlareina
        Participant

@robin-miller, I have had a similar discussion with my bariatric doc, and where we landed was that I actually do eat in the middle of the night. (I always wake up around 12:30 – I go to the bathroom and eat a protein bar that I have sitting by the bed).  This keeps me from waking up with low blood sugar.  For me, this works much better than eating before bed; it’s more about eating every 4 hours or so to keep my blood sugar stable.

@sarahlareina

Nikki Massie
        Keymaster

And I would like to point out that is different than having a late night eating habit (I know you know that but I wanted to emphasize that if you have a reason and method for eating later, that’s perfectly valid!)

Robin Miller
        Participant

The thing is for me is that I just won’t get up in the middle of the night and eat. My husband does it all the time and apparently has done this all his life. Me, on the other hand, will lay in bed, not sleeping because my stomach is growling so much and, almost literally, can’t make myself get up and eat something. If it happens before I get to sleep, I’ll end up getting up and eating about a third of the time. If I have been asleep and wake up that way, I just won’t get up to eat. I guess I figure I’ll get too awake to go back to sleep, instead I just doze off and on for the rest of the night, telling myself that I should get up and eat something.

Nikki Massie
      Keymaster

33 oz. in so far…so halfway there…

KathyP
      Participant

I think I can do no eating better than the water. I’m glad it’s not stacking two seemingly impossible on top of each other. I NEED to remember not to eat, and this will be a good reminder, but not as challenging. The 72 oz still feels daunting.

Perimenopause is not playing well with my antidepressants. I would like to resign from the world for a little bit?

@kperevosnik

Sarahlareina
        Participant

I feel you – that stinks!

@sarahlareina

Nikki Massie
      Keymaster

I’m glad it’s not stacking two seemingly impossible on top of each other.

…there is a method to Nik’s madness…

kmbella363
      Participant

This one should be doable my bigger problem is lack of sleep! Im at 68 ounces and turning off the lights now because I only got 2 hours of sleep last night. Wster is by my bed so I am sure to be up before midnight to finish up 🙂

Karen B

Beth
      Participant

66 oz today … A few more but not too many as its close to bedtime for me.  No snack prior to bed is no problem … I always stop about 2 hours before or I feel sick … Still need to work on the h2o

Robin Miller
      Participant

I’m at 104 ounces at the moment. That’s likely to go up as it’s only 7:30ish here.

KathyP
      Participant

I’m in bed and food free for over an hour!

im also way short on fluids, so I will take a half a star

@kperevosnik

Sarahlareina
      Participant

66 oz today and I actually tried to keep track of how many times I went to the bathroom. (14 or 15)  I must have a small bladder!

Last food of the day was at 7:30 pm

@sarahlareina

Susan Sheipe
      Participant

56 ounces so far.  Had cherries over an hour ago, finished a protein drink a few minutes ago.  Will go to bed in about an hour.  Been drinking about 55 to 60 ounces a day (occasionally more), and still only go to bathroom three times a day. I need to start pushing fluids earlier in the day.  I WILL make it to 72 this week!

Maria A
      Participant

Did not make water goal. Maybe about 30 oz. However, I didn’t eat anything at least 2 hours before I went to bed.

@thinkhealthy

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.